WHY EVENT MANAGEMENT COURSESJanuary 5, 2017
CULTURAL DAYJanuary 6, 2017
They say, “ marriages are made in heaven” and undoubtedly it is one of the prime event of life. Marriage is “a socially recognized and approved union between individuals, who commit to one another with the expectation of a stable and lasting intimate relationship.”
In different religion different culture based on there traditions
The different types of Indian marriages are:
- Hindu Marriage : The Hindu Marriages is very popular as the majority of Indian population follows Hinduism. According to Hindu Sastra there are four stages of life, of which Grahastha Ashram or married life signifies the second stage. It begins, when a man and a woman come together and marry. In India, marriage is treated as an institution, which teaches the actual values of life.
- Muslim Marriages : Muslim Marriages in India are also celebrated with equal pomp and gaiety. They have various pre-wedding, wedding and post-wedding rituals. First one is mangni where the would be husband and wife exchange rings. The bride wears an outfit gifted by future in laws.
- Christian Marriages : In Christianity, marriages are considered the union between man and woman predestined by God.A Christian Wedding celebration in India is simple yet charming. The wedding ceremony is conducted in the church. On the day of the wedding, the best man greets the bride with a bouquet.
- Sikh Marriages : The Sikh marriage is a very special ceremony in which two individuals are joined in a equal partnership. It is joyous and festive event which is very family orientated and informal in it’s atmosphere. Sikh marriages are usually arranged with families acting as little more than introduction services. The ultimate choice is always left to the girl and boy. In some cases the boy and girl choose each other first and then seek their parents consent and blessing
- Buddhist Marriages : Buddhist marriage is very simple. Buddhist weddings is that they are based more on faith and less on religion.